In urgent cases, contact us immediately from 07:30, in non-urgent cases after 09:00.
Weekday emergency treatment
For urgent dental care, call 06 218 9100
Emergency reception by appointment Mon-Thu from 07:30-15:30 pm and Fri from 07:30-15:00 at different dental clinics.
Out-of-hours on-call time
Out-of-hours emergencies are treated at Vaasa Central Hospital’s Accident and Emergency (A&E) clinic on weekday evenings Mon-Thu from 16:00-21:00 and on Fri (also on the eve of public holidays) from 15:00-21:00, and on public holidays and weekends from 08:00-21:00.
The medical helpline 116 117 should ALWAYS be called outside working hours before going to the Accident and Emergency (A&E) clinic. The medical helpline will assess the need for urgent care and instruct the patient on how to register upon arrival. The urgency of treatment is considered in the treatment of patients.
The Medical Helpline is a guidance and counselling service for health care.
At the Medical Helpline, you will receive assistance from health care professionals or, in other words, your region’s on-call nurses. They will assess your need for emergency care services or urgent care services via phone in accordance with regional instructions, around the clock.
Night-time emergency services are at Turku University Hospital from 21:00-08:00. Contact Turku University Hospital, tel. 02 313 8800, to assess the need for treatment.
- swelling, difficulty swallowing
- limited opening of mouth
- difficulties in closing mouth
- fever associated with the above
- severe dental pain (persistent pain preventing you from getting sleep, and painkillers do not help)
- tooth injuries or suspected jaw fractures
- bleeding, for example, following a tooth extraction (if mouth appears to rapidly fill with blood)
- a broken fixed orthodontic appliance that digs painfully into the gums and cannot be relieved, for example, by cushioning with chewing gum or orthodontic wax
- pain that lessens with painkillers
- pain caused by hot or cold
- fracture in a tooth or filling
- problems with dentures or removable dental braces
- problems with removable orthodontic appliances or lost rings on orthodontic headgear
All patients who are 18 years of age or older are invoiced according to health centre fees, including patients from other municipalities. For an appointment that is not cancelled, a fee of € 51.50 is charged to persons 18 years of age or older. The invoice is sent to the patient’s home address.