Vaccinations are given as they become available in the Wellbeing Services County of Ostrobothnia.
Those eligible for a free influenza vaccination:
- all persons aged 65 and over
- those belonging to at-risk groups due to an illness or treatment
- pregnant women
- children aged 6 months to 6 years
- men starting their military service and women starting their voluntary military service
- those close to a person susceptible to serious influenza
- persons with an increased risk of contracting avian influenza (bird flu)
If you do not belong to an at-risk group, you can enquire about a self-paid influenza vaccine from, for example, student or occupational health care.
Coronavirus booster vaccine
Those eligible for a free coronavirus booster vaccine:
- all persons aged 65 and over
- those over the age of 18 belonging to an at-risk group
- persons with severe immunodeficiency aged 12 or over
The booster vaccine is given when at least 3 months have passed since the previous vaccine dose or disease.
The pneumococcal vaccine protects against serious forms of disease caused by the pneumococcal bacterium, such as meningitis and blood poisoning (sepsis). It also protects against pneumococcal pneumonia and middle ear infection (otitis media).
Those eligible for a free pneumococcal vaccination:
- persons aged 65–84 with asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- persons under 75 with severe kidney disease
- persons under the age of 75 who are severely immunocompromised
- persons who have received a stem cell transplant
- children under the age of 5
The treatment unit provides more detailed instructions on the vaccinations of patients who have received a stem cell transplant, and children under the age of 5 are vaccinated in a child health clinic according to a separate schedule.
Appointments for influenza, coronavirus and pneumococcal vaccinations
Appointments for vaccinations will be opened on 1 November 2023. Book an appointment for a vaccination primarily electronically (in Finnish).
Appointments by phone
Kaskinen (Kaskö): 045 232 2200 or 045 129 5913, Mon-Thurs from 08:00–16:00, Fri from 08:00–14:00
Kristiinankaupunki (Kristinestad): 06 218 6012, Mon-Fri from 08:30–09:30
Kruunupyy (Kronoby): 040 806 5700, Mon-Weds, Fri from 08:00–16:00
Alaveteli and Teerijärvi (Nedervetil and Terjärv): 040 806 5800, Mon-Tues, Thurs-Fri from 08:00–16:00
Laihia: 040 6700 720, Mon–Fri from 10:30–11:30
Maalahti (Malax) and Korsnäs: 040 650 7977, Thurs–Fri from 09:00–12:00
Mustasaari (Korsholm): 06 218 4275, Weds- Fri from 08:00–12:00
Vöyri (Vörå): 040 529 1253, Weds– Fri from 12:00–14:00
Närpiö (Närpes): 06 218 7601, Mon – Fri from 09:30–10:00
Pietarsaari, Uusikaarlepyy, Pedersöre and Luoto (Jakobstad, Nykarleby, Pedersöre and Larsmo): 06 781 0330, Mon, Weds, Fri from 08:00–14:00
Vaasa: 040 679 0680, Mon –Thurs from 09:00–15:00, Fri from 09:00–14:00
Vähäkyrö: 040 6700 720, Mon – Fri from 10:30–11:30
Vaccinations are given also at Student Health Care.
Vaccinations without an appointment
Events will be updated on vaccination-specific websites.